Nigeria Office Vacancies
Oxfam Novib is an international nonprofit organization committed to ridding the world of poverty. We have a conviction that once given the chance to do so people are well capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own. To do this, we work with local organizations, build their capacity and provide strategic funding to local projects in developing countries. We also lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and campaign to involve men and women also in our work. Oxfam Novib/Netherlands works together with other Oxfam affiliates under a Single Management Structure (SMS) to increase our impact on development issues. Oxfam Novib seeks to fill the following full time positions for its Abuja Nigeria Office
1. Finance & Support Manager
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Objective Of The Position
The Finance & Support Manager is responsible for the financial, administrative and office management of the country office for Nigeria. Also he/she ensures the compliance of financial and administrative procedures with the standards as set by Oxfam (Novib) and external donors. The Finance & Support manager reports to the Country Director Oxfam in Nigeria and is expected to provide strategic support, working closely with Oxfam GB to deliver quality finance and administrative operations effectively, efficiently, transparent and accountable.
• good quality and timely reporting to and advise the Country Director on financial and administrative aspects of office & bureau budget management of Oxfam in Nigeria, as well as of financial management of (externally funded) programs and projects of Oxfam Novib.
• planning and monitoring of the budget for office running costs and related administrative aspects of (externally funded) programs, and ensure supply of goods and services is carried out speedily and efficiently, following donors™ requirements. You provide practical advice; identify potential risks and pro-actively alternative solutions.
• that relevant financial and administrative policies and procedures are accurately applied, regularly reviewed and kept up to date, and ensure quality performance of the administrative organization of all data on payments, receipts, mutations; you reconcile bank and cash flows status & projections and maintains contact with the banks on financial transactions; you ensure execution of all office running costs payments, process consultancy fees, salaries invoices for national staff, declarations and provide overviews
• The development and implementation of the financial, administrative and IT systems and procedures including control mechanisms, in compliance with those at head quarters (HQ), the Oxfams