Organizational Development Advisor, Nigeria
Partner Name: Council For Renewable Energy In Nigeria (CREN)
Length Of Placement: 12 Months
Requirements: Must Be Canadian Citizen Or Permanent Resident
Language Requirements: Fluency In English “ Level 4-5
To Self-Assess Your Level
Cuso International is a non-profit development organization that works through volunteers. Each year, we send hundreds of global citizens to work on collaborative development projects in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. We are one of North America™s leading international development organizations that works through volunteers.
About The Partner Organization
The Council for Renewable Energy was established at the Energetic Solutions Conference on 21st “ 27th
of November, 2004. It was there that an action plan was made to promote the large scale implementation of renewable energy in Nigeria. CREN aims to bring together the professional sector, government and civil servants, academics, associations, industry, financial institutions and services, the non-profit sector and end-users to act as a forum where they can work together for efficient, appropriate renewable energy implementation and to develop a comprehensive sustainable energy strategy for Nigeria. CREN™s strength is in working with all stakeholders to address the challenges of awareness, availability, cost and appropriate implementation of renewable energy technologies in Nigeria. In particular, CREN works to create public awareness and foster the emerging availability of reliable, economically viable renewable energy systems.
The Volunteer™s Role
Overall placement purpose and specific volunteer placement objectives:
To provide organizational support to Council for Renewable Energy in Nigeria (CREN) to promote renewable energy as one of the solutions to the growing climate change issues.www.cusointernational.org
- To conduct a comprehensive organizational assessment for CREN in order to identify the capacity needs and gaps in the organizations.
- To support the organization in developing 3-5 partnership agreements which will clearly outline the strategies to address the gaps and capacity needs identified during assessment.
- Provide support in establishing and supporting Chapters to develop systems and process improvements to ensure greater coordination across the network
- To work alongside the CREN Program Director to ensure coordination of various levels of capacity development and M&E activities within CREN
- To work with other development programs and other donors, to develop a body of good practice on organizational development in the CREN context.
Skills And Qualifications
- A degree in in Business Administration, Management, Economics or related field
- Experience in systems strengthening, capacity building and development including good understanding of using organizational capacity assessment tools.
- Extensive experience in