Job Title: In-house Consultant
Sectors: (1) Infrastructure Planning (2)Social Development
Duration: One year extendable (Three years maximum)
JICA is a bilateral development agency which is fully funded by the Government of Japan as a major implementing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance. In Nigeria, JICA has been working on promotion of Economic Growth through Infrastructure Development and Poverty Reduction through Social Development.
As it is expanding country program, JICA Nigeria office requires professionals to manage the programs in Infrastructure Planning & Social Development.
1. Scope of work
Provide administrative support to ensure that the Programme team meets the highest standards in compliance with JICA corporate policy and procedures thereby contributing to JICA Nigeria Office™s strategic objectives. As part of the team, the Consultant will provide assistance and advise to the programme management of the team™s portfolio (project cycle management including financial management) and administrative support to the Team Leader and other programme staff including the virtual team members.
2. Specific duties and responsibilities are: Project Support
• In conjunction with relevant colleagues, assist and advice with all aspects of project cycle management;
• Assist & advice on project/programme identification and design;
• Assist & advice on project launch and implementation;
• For all contracts, support the team in all processes relating to tendering, negotiating and awarding contracts to Service Providers and consultants;
• Contribute to strengthening results focus and ensuring increased value for money in the programmes;
• Contribute to wider team/office wide discussions on gender, growth and poverty reduction;
• Assist & Advice on coordination with other stakeholders such as Civil society, Nigerian MDA™s and Other Development Partners.
• Resolving of problems and queries, liaising with JICA colleagues, project implementers and external stakeholders as required;
• Ensure effective sharing of information within team.
Procedural and Financial Management
• Ensure compliance at all levels with JICA procedures liaising with HQ;
• Ensure deadlines for monitoring and review of projects are met;
• Managing programme budgets and ensuring that data is accurate;
• Checking invoices and claims, requesting appropriate authorisations and processing requests for payment (including scanning of invoices);
• Monitoring compliance by project implementers to submit project audited statements and asset register on time. Reconciling submissions against existing project records.
• Assist in monitoring and reconciliation of project spend for Programme Review meetings and ensuring projects are meeting spending targets;
Administrative Support/Corporate Requirements
• Arranging meetings, workshops and other teams presentations;
• Follow up on appointments and arranging transport and accommodation where necessary;
• Scanning and photocopying of documents & management of stationery supplies;
• Drafting replies